Sunday, February 1, 2009

For the Underdogs...

Watching the Superbowl today, I realized how much I love the underdogs. I can't help it. Come to think of it, I think we are predisposed to root for them. There should be an underdog hall of fame. The Little Engine that Could... underdog, The Pokey Little Puppy.... underdog, Clark Kent.... underdog, Cinderella... underdog, The Beaver... underdog, The Chicago Bears... always the underdog, The Cubs... again, always the underdog... and now living in KC, the Chiefs, who define the meaning of underdog. And, didn't you hate it when poor Fredo gets whacked in the Godfather? Poor Fredo, he was definitely an underdog. How about ordinary, working class folks that win the lotto? Oh, yes, and Rocky! Can't forget Rocky! And now, Kurt Warner, gotta love him.

So, here's to all the underdogs out there (lift your virtual margarita's high) I salute you!

1 comment:

Amy said...

My mom went to school with Kurt Warner's mom so we always root for the Iowa boy...

Just love the underdog...I can relate!!!

Amy...homesick Iowa girl...