Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cooking with Love?

Some of you may know that my hubby worked as a chef for many years. And while, he is content with a can of Cheeze Whiz and Doritos, he can whip up a mean meal if he wants to. He'll always be my Top Chef. However, we, like many other families out there, are addicted to reality t.v. Top Chef is one of our favorites.

I just wanted to give a shout out to Carla, my favorite contestant. Okay, okay so Fabio was my all time favorite (love that Italian accent.) But, I was really pulling for her in the end. She kept saying that she cooked with "love." Which made me think about my own cooking. I can't even remember the last time I felt like I cooked with "love." Disdain, yes. Frustration, always. Regret, yes. But, love, umm... not so much. Now, eating with "love," I've got that down. I appreciate the effort that goes into a good meal. I appreciate that it looks pretty. I especially appreciate it if I'm not doing it. I will doubly appreciate it if I don't have to cook it or clean up after it! I guess I just don't have the patience or creativity for it. You either have it or you don't. It's like singing, which, I'm sad to say I don't have either.

A virtual margarita toast to Carla who clearly cooks with "love" and is to me a Top Chef.

No comments: