Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wash and Wear or Underwear?

I swear to you that this actually happened. I am not making it up.

I decided to try a new salon that opened near my home. It's always a little scary trying out a new stylist. But, today I was feeling brave and thought "why not?" I was encouraged when I could walk right in no problems. The stylist was very friendly and listened intently to what I wanted. She did a very good job. She got it right. Cuddos on the haircut. Her personality was also very nice, but she didn't chit chat too much. I hate small talk. This was just the right amount. So far so good right?

Well, I started looking around the place and noticed that the updates to the building were a little shabby at best. This was not the work of a professional. Weekend warrior was more like it. The two preschool aged children of the stylist were also playing nearby. They were well behaved children and seemed to be very involved in some imaginary game. And, then I glanced over to the counter behind the register and there it was. I wasn't sure at first so I stared for a long time to be certain. It was a pair of little pink panties wadded up in a ball. They weren't folded as if they had come out of the laundry. Just wadded up... there on the counter... for all to see....

I thought about asking the stylist about them, but I didn't want to offend her. After all, my hair was still in her hands! I thought about mentioning it before I left. Certainly, she would be embarrassed and appalled. Certainly, this is not the image she wants to display to her clientele, but I chickened out. Not only did I chicken out, but I tipped her handsomely.

Now, I can't decide if I am appalled enough to look for another stylist or if I'm happy enough with the cut to give her another try. I'm looking for advice on this one. What would you do?

No comments: