Monday, December 8, 2008

When A Man Needs Underwear...

So, I asked my husband what he wanted for Christmas. "Oh, nothing", he replies. "I don't really want anything that isn't way over our budget. And I don't need a bunch of $40 or $50 gifts. I mean, I can go buy those myself. When a man needs underwear he needs underwear."
Which basically left me back at square one. So, let's examine square one...

Square one is that day on the calendar that lands just before payday. The day in which, with all good intentions, you determine that this year I am sticking to a Christmas budget! I will live within my means. I will buy gifts with meaning. I will choose wisely as to be witness to smiling faces on Christmas morning. But, what no one tells you before you marry and have children is that only mom's are allowed to visit and dwell at square one. Men just pass through square one on Dec. 24th, they don't have the time to look around, unless of course, they wander through a Victoria's secret.

Square one is the reason Hillshire Farms hasn't gone out of business. Square one is the reason fruit cake is still around. Square one is, well, square one. Somebody help me!!! Just what am I supposed to get this man for Christmas?

No comments: