Friday, December 5, 2008

Vote for the Laptop!!!!

Okay, okay I know it's been nearly a week without a post, but as you are about to learn I am not big on self discipline. I thought about making the long, long journey to the basement of no return, past the mountainous laundry pile, through the maze of game systems, past the reeking bathroom (teenage boy's) and finally to the smoke filled office (husband portrays chimney well).... and then I thought about it... and then I thought about it again... but I just couldn't face it! Some things take courage and quite frankly, I would just about rather face an unknown attacker in a dark alley.

Realizing that this is going to be a problem I am starting the "I need my own laptop campaign." A vote for the laptop is a vote for freedom! Freedom from guilt of undone household chores! Freedom from second-hand smoke! Freedom from Dante's fifth ring, otherwise known as the laundry room! Freedom from foreign viruses spread by know it all teenagers! A vote for the laptop is a vote for all moms! A vote for all moms that have sacrificed and suffered many hours of neglect due to Runescape!

It's going to be an uphill battle. The cries of the children will no doubt rise in horror "huh.... mom's buying something for herself?" The sidetracking of the husband will not work, "how you doin'?" A vote for the laptop is a vote for uninterrupted blogging everywhere!

No comments: