Sunday, March 29, 2009

Oprah was Right and Shock and Awe

I cannot tell you how many Oprah shows I've seen over the years and after awhile she started getting on this kick of your home being your sanctuary... blah...blah..blah... And, I'd think, well sure, if I had as much money as Oprah and no kids in the house then maybe I'd even consider trying to have a sanctuary, a place to call my own. At the time, I would have just been happy to pee without interruption. Well, it is with an ample amount of humility that I admit that Oprah was right. How do I know? Let me sing it from the mountain tops that the bathroom remodel is done!!!!! Yeah, that's right, you heard me and guess what? It's beautiful! My hubby did a fabulous job! Kuddos to the hubby! He has just deposited a hundred million brownie points in the bank.

Of course, I had to match the paint color in the bedroom and guess what? It turned out fabulous too. It reminds me of the movie Under a Tuscan Sun. Yes, Oprah was right, EVERYONE should have a sanctuary away from children, telephone calls and the demands of life. I may never come out. And, if I catch any children using my new towels it is off with their heads!

Speaking of towels... when my darling hubby called to tell me that the remodel was officially done, he mentioned that he folded the new towels in such a way as to fit perfectly in the shelves that he custom built. I could barely hear the rest of the conversation over the *ding* ding* ding* in my brain. It kept saying, what? He knows how to fold towels? I've known this man for eighteen years and I've witnessed him folding a towel maybe twice. I couldn't help but mention this little fact to him, no matter how much I tried to keep it in. I can only compare it to something akin to Shock and Awe. To which he replies, "Oh, sure, my first job was in domestics. I've just been playing dumb."

Lucky for him, he had so many brownie points in the bank as I am taking 1,000 brownie points away for every year of "playing dumb." But, even this revealing confession cannot take away my glee. The bathroom is done! The bathroom is done! And, I loovvveee it, yes, I loovveeee it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That hubby of yours must be the envy of the neighborhood. Don't be to hard on him for the omission of the towel folding skill. Really, what man wants people to know that a macho man would have such a skill.