Monday, March 16, 2009

Back in the Land of the Bloggers...

I'm back, back in the Land of the Bloggers. I missed you guys. I really did. I don't think I realized how cathartic it is to vent regularly! And, boy, did I need to vent. Truly, I have no one to blame but myself. The company that decided to come at the worst-time-ever tried my ever last nerve. Then they did a Conga on that ever last nerve. Needless to say, I have sworn up and down that from now on I am NOT going to beat around the bush when I would prefer that company NOT come.



Every morning before I even put my size 9 feet on the floor, I would pray for the strength and patience to make this a pleasant visit. I cooked, I cleaned, I cooked, I cleaned some more, I spent time visiting, I rose early and went to bed late, and in the end my company seemed completely ungrateful and downright rude! And, the whole time I'm screaming to myself "JUST LEAVE ALREADY!"


I blame my upbringing. I was always taught to be polite under all circumstances. My mother taught me to clean the entire house and basically turn ourselves inside out for company. There were company dishes, company towels, and for goodness sake I even have a recipe called, "Company Potatoes!" She couldn't help it, her mother taught her. Guess what? Here I am perpetuating the INSANITY. Why do we do this to ourselves? I'll tell you why, because most of us don't live in a state of perfection. Most of us have children that leave clothes, dishes, toys and such lying around. Most of us have husbands that also leave stuff lying around, and let's be honest, most of us leave a few things lying around too. None of us want to be judged for it! None of us want to be criticized for not being PERFECT.

Here's the thing. I have spent a lot of time being supportive to this particular friend, tons of phone conversations listening to the latest drama and believe me there is always drama. I have agonized for her and with her. I have gone so far as to consider actual murder, of very deserving individual, on her behalf (unfortunately God commanded against it) and all I would like in return is a little GRACE. Is it to much to ask to let me parent my own children? You may disagree with it, but please, keep it to yourself. Don't just assume that I have nothing better to do than entertain you endlessly and therefore extend your visit without asking first or bring additional people with you! Please, I would never do this to anyone!

I know, I know, I should have just spoken up. I should have just told her the truth. What do I expect? You are my witnesses, NEVER AGAIN. I am going to be true to myself and my family. We are NOT going to go through this three ring circus of phoniness again. Life is too short! True friendships are mutually edifying. I hate to say it, but the older I get, the fewer tried and true friendships I seem to have. Is anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

No comments: