Thursday, October 1, 2009

Back by Popular Demand

Okay, okay I hear you. Remember when I said I was an undisciplined sort? Well, this last month off from blogging proves it. I went on vacation, accepted a promotion (sold my soul to the devil) and it all went downhill from there. Now, I catch myself wanting to blog, but usually that is when I'm at work and since I'm trying to be "a good example" I must refrain. Then I get home, and well, if you saw my home, then you'd understand.

I've caught myself frequently daydreaming of the Bahamas and the life of luxury I left there. No servants came home with me, no constant buffet of food (that I didn't prepare), no swimming pool with a pineapple umbrella drink waiting for me. No alone time with my hubby.

Now we're back to the usual. The usual strewn laundry from one teenager's bedroom to the other. The usual strewn dishes from kitchen to T.V. to basement to the depths of Prince Lawn Gnome's lair. Back to the usual ringing cell phone, barking dogs, stress of homeschool and work. Is it too soon to take another vacation?

Yes, I miss the teal water. I miss the perfect breeze from the beach. I miss gazing at the stars from the ship's deck. I miss having a romantic dinner with my hubby every night. I miss the peace. I miss the quiet. Now, I know why the lady that's been on 81 cruises has returned so many times. It's Post Vacation Stress Disorder!

No comments: