Saturday, April 4, 2009

One Step Forward...

I made it. I didn't subcomb to the Krispy Kremes. But, currently, I'm munching on M&Ms. Two steps forward, one step back. The call of the chocolate was too much to resist. I don't think I could live in a world without chocolate.

It just occured to me that all my posts this week have centered around food. That's not entirely suprising. I would say that a good 80% of my life revolves around food. Buying food, preparing food, throwing out food, listening to children whine for more food. Growing up, food was the center of every get together. It still is.

Practically everyone I know is currently on Weight Watchers. (I had to sneak the M&Ms down the hallway for fear that someone would reveal how many points they're worth.) The amount of will power they exhibit as a group is admirable. They are actually achieving REAL results. Maybe... just maybe... I'll consider adopting some of their ways. Of course, I need to get through Easter first and then there's always Mother's Day. Who wants to diet through the holidays?

I know that I'll do better once I can get into the garden. Home grown tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon... yum. If only it would stop raining-freezing-snowing all the time. I'm ready for Spring! I did notice two tulips bloomed today but they are no doubt under siege with temperatures in the 20's tonight.

Sorry, rambling along here. Ah, yes, M&Ms....

No comments: