Sunday, January 11, 2009

You can purchase hope!

I hate to admit it but it's true. I've joined the ranks of the of the 36 and up category. Yes, I now have to check the next box. With this little reality check came an annoying new problem... the need for moisturizer. So, when I happened upon a blog topic related to such, I was intrigued. Apparently, this is a hot button issue for many women. They had oodles and oodles of advice each with their own personal favorite product. It was a bit overwhelming to say the least and then I came across the personal endorsement of Philosophy's Hope In A Jar. Hope comes in a jar? Wait till I tell my pastor. He'll love this one.

Just how gullible does the cosmetics industry think we are? I may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but I'm not falling for desperate sales ploys. Within ten minutes of Internet surfing I found products that promised to age diminish, rejuvenate and triple lift. Triple lift? Maybe I should try this on my boobs. But, the absolute best are the hilarious names: Deception, Dramatically Different, Bliss the Youth As We Know It, Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, Express the Truth, Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cream with Biospheric Complex, Zero Gravity Repair Wear Lift, Doll Face Burlesque Renewal Cream, Kiss My Face All Day Cream, and Intervene Pause and Effect Moisture Cream just to name a few.

The ultimate has to be yet again, Philosophy. Not only do they sell Hope In A Jar but they also sell When Hope Is Not Enough Replenishing Cream! What's next Ugly Duckling Cream? How about You're So Ugly We Can't Help You Cream? How about Give It Up Moisturizer? It's no wonder women struggle with self esteem issues. Not only do we innately deal with them, but then we pay good money to smear them all over our face. All I want is a simple cream that I can use in the winter time so my face doesn't feel like it's going to crack. Any companies out there that I can support that won't issue an all out assault on my ego? I would love to hear your thoughts on this one ladies.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

All I know is that the skin is not capable of absorbing all the ingredients these lotions and creams proclaim. If you study the skin, the top surface is what absorbs...temporarily. I do think women are purchasing hope and perhaps the expensive ones feel or smell better...temporarily. Or else people feel like they are purchasing some sort of miracle because they are shelling out more dough. I would never pay more than $20 and I always use one with a high numbered sunscreen.Sunscreen...that's the real ticket.

Anonymous said...

This was Sooooo funny! You're So Ugly We Can't Help You Cream? I had to laugh out loud...This was the Best blog so far. Maybe it's the one I can most relate to!!! Keep on writting.