Thursday, January 22, 2009

There's No Limit to Grouchy

It's 2:23 in the morning and I can't sleep. I'm all whacked out because half the week I work nights and the other half of the week I share a bed with my hubby. I love the man, but it is becoming increasing harder to get a good night's sleep next to him. First of all, he must have the t.v. on to fall asleep to. I can live with that, but do I seriously need to relive fifth grade history over and over again? Cursed history channel. Or, how about what I call the "doomsday channel?" Every night they find a new way in which to off the entire human race. The scenarios are endless. Just how many meteors and their trajectories should one person know about? Don't forget death by ice age, volcanic eruption, alien abduction, nuclear war, famine, and overpopulation just to name a few. These shows are seriously affecting my dreams!
I can't complain about the snoring, apparently I do plenty of my own as well. But there is a newer development that is taking it's toll. Have you ever seen those commercials for Restless Leg Syndrome? I never knew anyone that had it before. My sweet, sweet hubby does a jitterbug nearly every night. He's tried several medications and none of those seem to help. So, here he is dancing around. And here I am, wide awake. I'm beginning to think that Ward and June Cleaver were on to something with separate beds. I am in the market for a new mattress, I wonder...
It's an issue that is going to have to be addressed. The level of grouchiness in the family is on the rise. You'd think we had a newborn or something. Braveheart felt compelled to mention it at dinner the other night stating, "there's no limit to grouchy!" I think she's right. I don't think it really levels off, or caps out. A person can only go so long without a decent night's sleep. What are the odds that the non-habit-forming sleeping pills really are non-habit-forming? Hmm....

No comments: