Saturday, January 17, 2009

Every winter...

It happens every winter so you wouldn't think that it would catch me by surprise. I knew it was serious last year when I found myself watching every single moment of the Godfather Part I, II and III including commercials (as if I didn't know it all by heart). I forced my pitiful self out of bed when I realized that the entire series was going to play for a second time. I feel like Michael Corleone, "just when I think I'm out... they pull me back in." I'm not normally a depressed person, but once in a while it happens. I NEED spring! I NEED sunshine! I NEED the desire to get my ass in gear and actually accomplish something!
The winters here aren't even that bad. It a darn good thing I don't live in Alaska. I would be a permanent fixture on the couch. Instead, I find myself spending the winter self medicating with chocolate, coffee, any ol' mobster movie, a heaping dose of "I'm soooo fat" and if that doesn't work... I'm making margaritas! It's a good thing I'm not a shopper, although I have found the remote control lingering on QVC a little longer than usual and those late night infomercials aren't looking so ridiculous.
No pity, please, I have a rule of only 24 hours on the pity-pot at a time. I'll kick it. I know I will. I intentionally turned off Goodfellas today and took a shower, put on make up and actually made an effort. Pray for an early spring!

No comments: