Monday, December 28, 2009

Rest and Recovery

I know it's hard to believe but my silence has been due to a hijacking of the holiday kind. For the first time I went under. I wish I could say that I fought valiantly, that I slayed Christmas cards and Christmas lists alike with an attitude of cheeriness, but that would be a complete and total lie. No, I went under in a BIG way. If it hadn't been for Braveheart and Songbird putting up the tree, we wouldn't have had one. It's cute because the lights only go up as far as Songbird can reach.

I think Leo the cat enjoyed the holidays the most. His daily frolicking in the tree branches and chewing of the lights were never completely deterred. His shenanigans added to visitors, parties and online shopping made every day a full throttle experience. And now, all I want is a little rest and recovery.

Ah, yes, rest and recovery after the disaster zone recovery effort that has been scheduled for tomorrow, all hands on deck, all family members present and accounted for. We will take back the garage, the house, the refrigerator and all semblance of normalcy! Just in time for New Years.

No comments: