Monday, January 4, 2010

In with the New

Happy New Year! I am coming to you from under the complete warmth of my electric blanket. This is my new perch as it seems Old Man Winter has decided to come in with a vengeance and hasn't any plans of leaving. I seriously hate the cold. I actually skipped church yesterday as not to leave the cozy, cuddled up security of my bed for the frozen reality of the outside world. Scraping windows is on the Top Ten List of things I hate to do.

When not completely hunkered down, the Oceangypsymom family has been cleaning, organizing, and entertaining. It is with great enthusiasm that I announce that we have taken back the house. It was temporarily hijacked by holidays and all the paraphernalia that goes with them. But, alas, when combined in a common cause, a worthy one at that, we prevailed. And just in time for all the new beginnings ushered in for the New Year.

New beginnings you ask? Yes, in a moment of complete and total lack of sanity, I re enrolled as a student. You heard me, a college student. You know the kind... sleep deprived, caffeine dependent, paper writing, test taking sort. I willingly added myself to their ranks and now the reality of that decision has come full circle. First online class begins today. Am I crazy or just plain stupid? The "why???" question has been plaguing me since I logged on and discovered that I have an outline due for a final paper in five weeks. Five weeks! Five weeks in my world is like a blink, and seriously, I haven't written an outline in at least ten years. Do you think the instructor would accept the following?


Assignment

I. Random thoughts on assignment.

a. Not substantiated by any real research as I am soooo used to my opinion being the end all of any needed research.

II. Opinionated tirade on assignment.

a. Again not substantiated by any research other than the opinions of girlfriends who more than not will simply agree with my first point.

Probably won't fly huh? Hope all is well for all of you in 2010. Keep me in mind as you go about your business, perhaps looking for a white flag of surrender in case I go down in flames.

No comments: