Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Obsessed??

So, last night, my hubby spent a little time here catching up on my blog. He says to me, "you crack me up, but it's like you're obsessed," (Meaning with the whole food, Weight Watchers thing.) Obsessed? Well, maybe I am. I mean I've always been an all or nothing personality type so why would this be any different? When I had a baby, I immediately decided to have another... in for a penny... in for a pound right? When I decided to be a stay-at-home mom, it lasted for seven years. When I do go shopping, I GO shopping.

That's not to say that being an all or nothing person hasn't bit me in the butt, exhibit A the aforementioned having kids one right after the other. When you're in the habit of jumping feet first into the pool, you often look around and wonder why no one less is totally exhausted from all this wading around? Often times, others are on the side, with looks of pity in their eyes, asking, "what was she thinking? Poor, poor woman."

Obsessed? I bet if we were talking about sex and not food then my hubby wouldn't think I was obsessed. I'd be dedicated! Triumphant! Eye on the prize kinda stuff! Obsessed... plllease.... it sounds so negative. I'm not about to embrace that as my identity, even if there is a grain of truth to it, no let's just agree to say (what's the politically correct phrase I'm looking for here) oh, yes, conscientious! Consistently conscious, yes, that will do.

No comments: