Monday, August 17, 2009

Working Through the Boring

So, after so many posts, I've been, well, bored with myself. Bored with blogging about my life, and seriously considering if this whole venture has run it's course. But, then, well, I decided that it is probably part of the process. I'm sure this is what the whole "writer's block" is about. And, wouldn't you know that life would offer up a little drama.

Within the last forty-eight hours I've experienced:

1. God's provision. The Cavalier was making a weird grinding sound. No doubt, Braveheart hasn't noticed as she has been all over town with the radio BLASTING. Anyway, just as I was making a mental note to tell the hubby about the sound, the car died. It literally died, and God's provision, it died just as I pulled into the driveway!

2. New job stress is here. Yes, this job is real now. My first month to do the schedule and there are seven vacation shifts to fill and one coworker has decided to retire... in two weeks. So, now that puts it at 15 shifts to fill for September.

3. The overhearing of a very disturbing conversation that involves a tampon. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that even I, as a woman, am fairly grossed-out.

4. And, just so I don't get too high-and-mighty, I just noticed that a button on my blouse was unfortunately undone. Undone and revealing a peek-a-boo game with my post three babies, stretch-marks are natural stomach, I can only hope no one else noticed! So, maybe, just maybe, boring is over and life is back in full swing.

No comments: