Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rest and Reflection

Today my bible study was on rest. How to run a good race with appropriate physical and spiritual rest throughout the journey. It was enlightening. So many times when I think I'm resting, I'm really just being lazy. Or even if I'm truly resting, I'm feeling guilty for doing so.

This particular topic is calling out to me like an ambulance with a big red shining light on top. We need to rest. As a family, as a couple, as individuals we have been running a race to tend to the urgent. Our time is spent running from one activity or project to another. Funny how the projects never end. There is never a day when every one's needs are met and all are content.

I think all these reasons are why my hubby is soooo happy that he and I are taking a vacation to celebrate our anniversary. Yes, the Oceangypsymom is returning to the ocean! We are taking our first cruise. Now, I'm excited, but before I can officially relax, there are a lot of details to attend to. My hubby on the other hand, is excited now. Everyday, he counts down the time till departure. Everyday, he finds another element of the trip to check into. I don't think I realized how fast he has been running his race until now. I think all this excitement is a direct result over having run a particularly long and energy-draining time. He's in the home stretch and rest is just around the corner. Oh, Lord, I pray there is not a hurricane!

No comments: