Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Found Something!!

I've known my hubby for nearly 19 years now. When we first met, we had lots to talk about, lots to learn about one another and lots of plans to put in place. As is typical, over the years we have learned all one another's stories, idiosyncrasies, and such. We've tried to find hobbies over the years that we BOTH would enjoy to no avail. I'm not much into bowling or golf, he's not much into trips to Barnes N Noble for overpriced coffee and the smell of new books.

The children have filled in the void nicely. At first, they gave us lots of joy and laughter and then heartache and gray hair. (Typical, I know.) But, now they too are getting older and we're not as enamored with them anymore. The reality of them eventually moving out is becoming more and more real. I actually packed four "Kick Out" boxes of dishes the other day.

So, it has come to our attention that we need to find an activity that we enjoy together. Prospects were looking grim and then tonight we sat down side by side with our new-to-us laptops and spent some "quality" time together. True, he is a little aggravated by my obvious lack of computer know how, (I think I heard a growl), but as I see it, this is his chance to teach me something I don't already know. And, I promise to be a good student! No back talk! So, I think I might have found something, at least for now.

No comments: