Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy 100!!!!!

Believe it or not, this is my 100th post!!!! I think that should qualify me as an official blogger now. It's hard to believe that I've had 100 thoughts on anything... or at least 100 such random thoughts.

Thought for the day... I'm getting old.

I've spent a better part of the day thinking about fun and exciting games for the youth group this fall and I've decided that if it weren't for the Internet I'd be in BIG TIME trouble. Because, for the most part, it's not in my nature do such crazy, messy, disgusting games. The mom in me wants to worry about the ruined/stained clothing and all the cleanup each game requires. It's not cool to think about those things. It makes me old.

Cool/young people probably don't use the word cool anymore.
Young people recognize the musicians on MTV.
Young people have seen more than two movies in a theatre this year.
Young people don't have to pray before they start their cars, they drive convertibles.
Young people don't watch the news and wonder what the world has come to.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is... I'm preparing to fake it. I'm preparing to fake that I have a tiny bit of fun left in me, that I have an once of an idea of what is going on in the world that young people care about, and you know what, it scares me to death. It scares me because all the youth I know can spot a fake a million miles away.

I am reminded of the saying, fake it till you make it. Not so sure that will work, but am running with it for now. I can use any advice out there I can get as the fountain of youth has been elusive.

No comments: