Friday, April 30, 2010

Is Anybody Out There?

Okay, so I'm not even sure if anyone still checks this blog or what, but I definitely need to purge the cobwebs from my brain so here goes... I've been cyber stalking other blogs but rarely posting comments. I haven't posted anything here because I went back to school and holy mother of you know who I was way in over my head. Actually, I was doing pretty good and writing about a million papers about crap I'm sure won't make any difference to anyone anyway, but nonetheless it was okay. Then I took Philosophy. And I went under, down, down, deep, way down. I spent hours trying to comprehend the Who am I? Where am I? Who are you? How do you know God exists theories. I spent hours writing papers arguing and defending my point of view only to be ripped to little, tiny shreds by my professor. He actually made me cry and let me tell you, I'm not a delicate flower here! I cried, real tears! Professor better hope he never catches me in a dark alley because I may forget my Christianity and take out a little aggression.

Let's not forget Music Appreciation where I was subjected to the sound of a cement block being drug across a cement floor and then digitally enhanced. Call me crazy, but when that professor asked if "anyone didn't consider it music" I opened my big, fat mouth and it was all down hill from there. Still waiting on my grades.... not too optimistic....

I would just like to say that I have a very, bad taste in my mouth for all this going back to school nonsense, even if it was all my idea. I'm taking the summer off and re-engaging in my life. I cannot believe what passes as actual instruction these days and am slightly concerned that I am pushing this whole college experience so strongly to my kids. Seriously, who has time to sit around and contemplate if and when the government took control of your brain and put it in a jar, would the essence of you be in the jar or in your body? Seriously, if the government actually took control of my brain, then I might actually get the vacation I so richly deserve. Now, I know why binge drinking is so big on college campuses!

And, let's not forget the little thing called "my actual life" that basically was held together by one stressed out hubby and a very thin thread. Prince Lawn Gnome was so neglected that he actually is anti-pizza now. He willingly ate a green pepper and a sauteed onion today! Who knew all it would take is eight weeks of neglect for him to actually like vegetables! Braveheart is thankfully wrapped up in her own world right now, so basically, the whole self-absorbed teenage thing actually had an upside. Songbird has essentially become the typical Jr. High, teenage, cheerleader, all my greatest fears are being realized, kid. Mental note... must deal with her immediately! The hubby, bless his heart, has tried he really has, but he too suffered neglect and the stress of a crazed wife that couldn't print out any papers correctly herself.

So, I should be posting more often this summer. I actually have lots to say, but am fearful that I have lost you already (if you really are still there). So, anyway, here's to summer and one semester down!

No comments: